Friday 22 April 2016

Studio Production Reflections

I really enjoyed actually making a TV show and the collaboration from all of us as team totally showed in the final recording in my opinion.



What went well:
  • The preparation for the show went smoothy, the team were there early and we all worked together to azure that the set was ready for the final rehearsals and then set up ready for the guest/ audience.
  • The second half of the show for me went very well, I kept the camera steady and gave the director as well as the audience the shots they needed to see in the show. I admit I was reasonably shaky and nervous at the beginning.
  • I felt proud knowing that I managed to organise my camera batteries and having the responsibility to manage my own equipment.

What Went wrong:
  • I felt that a particular shot at the beginning of the show went wrong as I had to move back to Tabitha for the scores. As I moved over to change shots the director changed to camera 2 (my camera) because I think that he needed another close up of the contestants but I moved to soon.
  • At the start, I didn't really act like a camera operator, I went to other duties instead of setting up my camera equipment at one point but then I learned my lesson.


On reflection I can now appreciate and understand other crewmembers roles involved with making a TV show, from keeping your audience happy and excited by hiring warm – up acts to working efficiently as a team. 

I have worked out more about the Sony EX camera and feel more confident about putting it on my CV when it comes to looking for a job in the industry. Pitching an idea is so important, and its vital to make sure that it is to the point and interesting and engaging to the panel of people you are showing your vision to.

My contribution to the team helped with the further development of the project and I also demonstrated communication and teamwork skills by helping a crewmember with editing difficulties. When directing I kept a cool head and concentrated on the task at hand when it came to filming at the school and for the World War II VT. 

Completing Risk Assessments was something I was already familiar with however, looking at new locations for each shoot I had to be prepared to assess for what might happen if something goes wrong.

The biggest challenge I encountered on the live show was that I kept shaking the camera due to being too nervous and hoping that I wouldn’t mess up the production.

When recording the school children for my 2nd VT, I wished I had used more shot types such as, Close ups and mid shots of the children and getting some more reaction shots.
In the world war II VT I wished I had a better vision and better way to shoot the beginning shot transitioning into introducing the two characters.


Ways in which I can improve and develop for the future are by focusing more with the technical aspects of the industry standard cameras used on our show and I most importantly I need to remain clam when it comes to a live show. 

By being more confident with my decisions when it comes to directing and listening to feedback from my colleagues I will enable myself to improve my any role I decide to embark on within television and film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment