Thursday 12 November 2015

Reseach and Development Journal 12/11/2015 (Fiction Adaptation Film - Research/ Workshop)

Since for my film project I will be using my Nikon D5200, I have the capability to film at 50 Frames Per Second.

Why do I bring this up?

Because I was planning to do something that I have never done before when if comes to film making, slowing down the footage (but only by a fraction) so the film looks slower but the feel of the picture would be even stronger and yet still look smooth.

For example this clip shows the amount of slow motion done when 50 frame per second it used when recording from a Go Pro and then put into editing:







GoPro 3 Review 100 vs 50 fps 720p Test Footage. (2013) Filmed by Digital CinematiX [Online] Australia: Digital CinematiX.


For my workshop experiment I got my camera and then stated recording things with help from a fellow first year, Leo Baruzzo.

So this footage I me using my Nikon D5200, filming at 50 Frames Per Second, and slowing down in editing:





1 comment:

  1. Some good test shoot material - but analyse and evaluate plus support with research material you find and examples in film which inform and inspire your work. Take the opportunities you have to demonstrate your research and therefore learning.

    ReplyDelete