Friday 3 October 2014

PROJECT 1 The Meeting (Daft 2)

Location setting example:




















Rochester, somewhat dull, on a street (exterior)

From in inside it will look like a modern day house but for the son he will have musical instruments in certain places to give out the impression he wants to pursue a carrier in music.

There will even be a room where you will see a piano which I am thinking that the son could play as part of the opening sequence.

Example:




















Actor 1 (Confirmed) - Son of Death

Ben Fleury
















Ben always had a flare to him while he is acting, he can act depressed and serious when he needs to and also has a great sense of humour when it comes to comedy. Also being a huge disney fan he knows how to express his feelings more clearly on camera, sometimes when he isn't being filmed.

He leaped at the chance to be in one of my productions as soon as I explained my idea about Death and Terry Prachett he was immediately on board for the project.















Actor 2 (Still in progress of contact and confirmation) - Death

Dave Turner



























I have known Dave for quite a while and I have seen how well he can act. From his pantomimes playing a transgender character e.g. an Ugly Step Sister (Cinderella) and then playing a old posh Lord of a rich family in Carry On Murdering. He has done a large amount of Theatre and even though he is a teacher, people say he is at his best when he is acting.

But what I liked about Dave which got me thinking.... I think he can do this, is the fact he has quite a dark sense of humour as well. I even know for a fact one of his favourite films is "Clue" (1985) which if you have seen it, is full of darkish humour as it makes fun of a huge murder mystery like playing the game Cluedo which the film was based on.

Dave has the right amount of build I need for this father character as well as having that right amount of flare for Death,  I hope he will accept my proposal as I think he is just right for this character.



Some Things Change...

What I decided to change:
The story of the farther begging his son to take his job and then killing someone so that his son can have the life he has always wanted got a little complicated for me as well as my peers who were reading my idea.

So I decided to change my story by making the son agree to take his dad's place as an act of sympathy and his dad gets to live the rest of his now mortal life doing what he always loved, floristry/ gardening.

But as a twist of dark comedy the first person on the new Death's hit list is in fact his dad. The son finishes his dad off to get revenge for having his life taken from him thus ending his dad's life. But the son will do it in a cheeky manner so that comedy flare will still have it's place in the film.

For characters I decided to change Death's appearance, instead of a halloween mark of a skull I was thinking maybe standard make up e.g. whitish for the face and maybe or darker around the eyes



Pitch:
Living with Death. Is that even possible? Find out how one choice can make all the difference when The Reaper's Son makes the ultimate sacrifice.



No comments:

Post a Comment