Monday 17 November 2014

The Meeting Update (Filming Day 2) 15/11/14

After last week when my actor couldn't make it and the dreaded cancelation occurred, this week had a silver lining and my actor was on his way to Rochester to meet me so we could start filming the necessary parts to fulfil my criteria.

Dave Turner (who would be playing the role of Death) was very eager as I was to get started.


(Dave Turner as Death)


























When it came to the costume Dave has has some experience in theatre and he said to me he could provide the cloak and hood along with his own make up and then combined with my pitchfork made an awesome looking Grim Reaper.

Things that went well:
I just loved how my actors were concentrated and focus on what I had to say and respected my vision and was as patient as can be when it came to retake couple of shots.

I also liked how some of the shot came out it was better then I expected and some shots of cinematography came of really well showing how deadly and mysterious Dave's character truly was.

I also liked how well my actors got along so well and was easier to work with both of them together especially when it came to some scenes where they had to do dialogue together.

I had a little change in direction when it came to the shooting as the beginning had a good feel to it and I changed the way the store was planned out as I decided to keep 2 photograph portraits in the film instead of 3 that was in the script.

1: Ben and Dave by the piano 

























2: Dave and Ben's mom (Elspet) 
























At the beginning when Thomas is in his room but then looks at the picture of him and his father then just put the picture down again, I decided that he bring the picture down stairs with him and puts it in the place where the old photo of young Death and his father would be as I thought it would be more dramatic.



What did not go so well:
The weather... mother nature can be somewhat cruel at times, it was raining and I was desperate to do the outside shots where Death is walking down the lane towards Thomas's house.
But I used that weather to my advantage to make it more spooky, as death walks down as I think the rain made Death's walk more creepy.


Ben has a dog named Tricksy and as adorable as she was, there was some barking as times so Ben put her in the piano room so she could calm down and for the rest of the shoot she was quiet.



I forgot to bring the battery charger and Dave and me were getting a scene done until the battery went low and because of that we had to call it a day sooner then expected, but I was so glad to get the beginning shots done.



First Draft edit:

The editing could have been better but I thought I would show you what I have done so far, Some shot could have been better colour corrected and a better piece of music at the the beginning could be order...









After that first edit it occurred to me that I forgot to put in titles and credits, my tutor said that it was okey for me to reedit and put them in as long as I could still make the 2 minute mark.

With a few changes I made, here is an updated first draft of The Meeting:





No comments:

Post a Comment