Tuesday 9 February 2016

Research and Development Journal 02/02/2016 (Studio Workshop Day) and 09/02/2016 (Cameraman Research) Draft

Our first time being back in the studios and we got down to some training for our new show "Teach em a Lesson".

I was put on camera as I will be on the day of the live shoot, I had my first experience wearing a headset in the studio and hearing the feedback from my director and others was quite distracting but still it's something I knew it was something I had to deal with.











Unlike some of the crew wearing headsets cameramen are not aloud to talk back on the headsets as the microphones on the cameras will pick up your sound and ruin the whole show. But there is a way to communicate with the director but only when he gives instructions.








About the intercom Headset:









As a cameraman you need to pay attention and listen to instructions carefully from the director through this intercom. For example if the director needs to know if anyone is on a camera he will ask and when you are at your camera you will simply nod the camera up and down to signal yes to the director who will be watch the camera activity from the control room with the vision mixer.





No comments:

Post a Comment