Thursday 11 May 2017

My plans for the future - Professional Practice

I really like directing and having experience at PQA, I had major experience in directing and teaching children in film and television.

Even for my final major project I managed to hire two child actors to act in my film, Gabriel and Harrison. Plus while searching up on Guardian jobs in the filming section I came upon this:



JOB ROLE:

Recruiter NCS THE CHALLENGE -




















Film Practitioners support up to 13 young people during the NCS Team Challenge, helping them to learn skills which enable them to interact with the local community. We are looking for passionate individuals with previous experience of facilitating media groups and an interest in working with young people. Successful candidates should be ready for a demanding but rewarding role as part of an intensive summer programme, and will engage their team with their community partner as much as with the skill they are learning.


The Film Practitioner is responsible for leading three day sessions teaching basic film-making and editing skills to a team of up to 13 15 – 17 year olds. The Practitioner also leads two visits to a local community group (including care homes, youth clubs and homeless centres) so that the young people can use the skills they have learnt to interact with the people that they meet. Finally, the Practitioner works with the young people to design and deliver a showcase presentation, showcasing short films made with the community group.


Skills required:

  • Working with young people
  • Giving them film based activities, and event planning
  • Film and television media knowledge and experience

Team building:
  • Making sure the youth people are safe as they are taken out for a community centres and youth clubs to help plan events and films.
  • Putting teams together to help them come up with short film ideas and putting them together.

About the Organisation and the NCS Programme  The Challenge is a fast-growing social enterprise that connects and inspires people across Britain to strengthen their communities. We work on a local level to bring together people from all ages, ethnicities and walks of life, connecting communities and building trust.




I think this would benefit me greatly and knowing I have the experience and knowledge to do more and go further with my understanding of teaching younger people I can still do what I love. Making films, storytelling and Directing. 


How this will further benefit me:
  • More experience
  • Bigger payment than PQA
  • Good travel experience
  • Planning and organising developments
  • Big opportunities to get connected into the world of film and submit content being made by the company into festivals and social media so my talent can further progress
  • Plus (in my opinion) this sounds like a lot of fun

I believe this job will further develop my professional practice into the industry, and further bring my career into vision and how I can pressure my dream job into getting ready for bigger things.




No comments:

Post a Comment