Tuesday 11 October 2016

Pre Production Unit Development Locations and special Props

Firstly with the character of Greg Splotion, I imagined him having a crazy pet best friend that other people would be freaked out about whenever they saw it. Since this character is a scientist I thought it would be cool if he had a really cool un natural pet, something aquatic, so I thought, what about an octopus.

This is when I had to slow down and think... How would I even consider the possibilities of get a life size octopus let alone finding one. Then it hit me, what if I didn't need the octopus at all, what if I just got a prop of a simple octopus tentacle and thats it.


With research I have gathered There is a company that has built a life-size octopus tentacle and would be perfect as a quick moment of dark comedy.







Fig.1 Tentacle - FrightProps.com [Online] at: http://www.frightprops.com/tentacle-0745.html (Accessed on 11/10/16).


Location examples:

For a short film like mine I would conceder either a big fancy house or a cottage, but somewhere with space where lot of characters can be in.









Fig.2 Middle of nowhere cottages Take a holiday break that's far from the madding crowd [Online] At: http://www.menaiholidays.co.uk/assets/images/Scenics/thumbs/1766x669/xBBP_8871.jpg.pagespeed.ic.JKesJgVckH.jpg (Accessed on 11/10/16).









Fig.3 Magnificent Architecture [Online] At: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d7/4d/0d/d74d0d23e8ea1cdf07a6337097f52b4f.jpg  (Accessed on 11/10/16).

No comments:

Post a Comment