Thursday 6 October 2016

Destination for Despicable Delinquents (Treatment)

The show I am creating revolves around a young 21+ year old boy who is hired to a big house filled with the most out of control kids and teens in England. For this to work not only would I need a great big house to work in and to get permission to film in but I would also need the right cast to get the right feel to it.

The Feel:

I wanted the feel to be somewhat Tim Burnish but not too dark but more funny and often quick with the timings for the comedy, to be fast paste comedy for me usually executes the best.

With dark comedy turning bad things and situations into funny and liable jokes can be often hard to nail down as most majority of people today tend to get over sensitive of whats on television especially the internet when the audience half the time have complete control over what they think and what they want to say online.

With that however comes fun as the aim of comedy, more importantly from a script, is to make sure there is joke after joke after joke. I originally I was going to aim the comedy based around the style of the E4 Show Scrubs, where the comedy is based around high drama within a hospital.

My show however needed to be more funnier so with this it seemed that the comedy percentage need to be higher than the drama. The show's feel has to be gothic but enough so a high amount of people who band away from gothic horror can still be intrigued to give it a watch. My target audience is around 12 to 30 year olds, so like 6th formers to college students to young adults.

The style I imagine is gloomy yet artistically creative and classy, but when it comes to the delinquents I wanted a rough tough and gothic look to them.


















Inspiration:
I took inspiration from dark yet funny shows such as this one, What it's Like Being Alone, a show based around an orphanage where these deformed, mister, and old around weird orphans live and get into adventure and trouble within this one location all within the plot and task of eventually being adopted by parents.

The comedy style is what I want to aim around and the location somewhat similar, I think the biggest challenge to this major project is in fact the location, as I wanted a kind of broken house but not too broken.




Grimborster. (2007). What It's Like Being Alone - Episode 5 part 1 of 4. [Online Video]. 23 February 2007. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSuVBGKjUc. [Accessed: 4 October 2016].


No comments:

Post a Comment