Tuesday 22 November 2016

Pre Production Update Concept Art

What I was looking for in a concept artist:











How I came across my concept artist:

I came across my concept artist while search for graphic designers for hire and came across this designer's website. 














It had the right cartoony feel and design I needed her designs where cartoony yet had a subtleness of goth and style I was looking for. So I made contact with her through her website and asked if she would help me with my project. After a quick Email she agreed and we organised a meeting to discuss what I needed from her before the deadline.

I got in touch with Kaye Sedgwick to help me out with some concept art for my film. She came up with a dark yet cartoony brand to give me an example of what she could do. I think it was the right tone and right edge I was looking for when it came to a dark comedy and the issue that my story was tackling.










I loved what she came up with and we had agreed to keep that theme of Tim Burton slash dirty type of look and feel to the poster.


From our last speaking interview I wanted to make sure that my concept artist had my other ideas in person so she and I could understand what could and couldn't not be achieved in the time scale that I had. These are some of the things that my sister had agreed to help me with:

  1. The Poster
  2. Character Profiles and looks
  • Henry
  • Agnus
  • Derek
  • Kevin
  • Robert
    4. Scene drawings
    5. Front Cover

The plan is to keep in contact and whenever she finishes one of my requests I need to message her back ASAP to see if any changes need to be made.


For example:


  • Her design for Agnus -

She messaged me the design and asked if it was ok. As beautiful as it was the that was not how I envisioned Agnus. She is a depressing Goth artist. A bit of a tomboy who sees the world and a dull place where nothing good ever happens.






I replied to her back:
















It took only 5 minutes for her to reply back with this new design.











The design was a lot better. The look suited her, the hat brought an extra flare to her character's individuality. The nose ring and the hair were how I visited her.







No comments:

Post a Comment